Tuesday 13 July 2010

THE JOURNAL OF LUCAS BROWN. PART 4

March 30th, 2001

However bizarre my circumstances appeared before, they now feel like a pleasant precursor to my current situation.

This, quite frankly, is a nightmare.

The dancing has reached a speed so intimidating that to feel it swirl around me is to feel the very presence of death, or nothingness.

Nothingness sounds worse than death.

I pulled the blankets over my head in an attempt to conceal myself and make believe I am part of a different reality altogether but the rustling noise of the material against my skin made me sob uncontrollably which only pleased the dancing and caused it to accelerate even faster and wildly mock my despair.

I grit my teeth and rolled off the bed, hitting the floor with a thud that sent the dancing and my mind into true turmoil, a swarm of restless bees filling my head and rampaging within its confines, smacking against the walls in quick succession.

Each one the same yet not the same.

I moved my hands and feet and squirmed under the bed, trying to find solace from the humming assailants. I lay there in the dark, stiff as a board. I did this for a while, trying to collect myself until the point where everything reached a level I dare say is manageable.

Then I remembered my experiment.

I wanted to check the package. I wanted to see whether I was right about its shifting, but I could not face the long walk to the cupboard. Instead, I shifted myself sideways as quietly as possible so that my head peered out from beneath the frame of the bed. The dancing stirred slightly but died down back to its usual steady murmur.

From my position, and there is no doubt in my mind about this, the drawer is now protruding outward, the package must be forcing it forward as it expands. I can see a bit of its packaging poking out through a slit between the drawer and the wooden unit holding it in place.

I don’t know how it happened, but I found my journal under the bed with me along with the pen I have been using to chronicle these happenings.
What does this mean?

I must get the courage to go over there, to open the package.

1 comment:

  1. can´t imagine where this nightmare is going next but am eager to read on!

    ReplyDelete